Saturday, March 12, 2011

Whew

It's such a bitter day today. My way to book club this morning was marked by sliding through the intersection when arriving in Stevens Point. Good thing it wasn't a weekday; my car (and probably me) would have been toast at this normally busy intersection. Whew. Another good book club meeting at the Wooden Chair. The book was disappointing, but the company and the breakfast were great as always.

Another Whew to report as well. The guys started tapping on Thursday. Today's cold and wind will not last forever and the maple season will soon be in full swing. But, before the first tap went into the first tree this year, I managed to complete this yellow and white quilt top. Whew. Made my goal. At last ...
It took me a long time and lots of false starts to decide on the borders. While draping it over the couch doesn't give the best view, you do get the idea. It's off to Yolanda for quilting tomorrow. The borders are on the sides only, which is something completely new for me. Of course because I was afraid I would not have enough triangles somewhere along the line, I had lots of extra 2" triangles so decided to place some of those as 4" triangles sporadically in the border. They add nice bit of quirkiness, don't you think?
Now I have a lot of 4" yellow triangles left over, but that's a concern for another day since today's mail delivered these beautiful solid 5" squares. I just had to dig in and start marking.
Never a day without a project. Whew!

No comments: