Saturday, March 26, 2011

One small treasure

Karen and I went treasure hunting today. Not much luck, with the exception of this little beauty, which will be repurposed into another little treasure at the appropriate time. For now, however, it will just be a cute little pink cup and saucer.
Lovely colors are the drawing me in lately. Maybe it's the additional 6 inches of snow on Monday and Tuesday. Maybe it's the 5-degree morning temperatures at the end of March. Whatever the reason, spring colors are calling and I am answering in patchwork.

A quest to use up my 1930s prints has turned me into a piecing wild woman. I blame Alyssa, of course. If she hadn't asked for a yellow and white quilt, I never would have started collecting these. Yup. Entirely her fault. I have to admit though, these spring flower colors do brighten up a dreary day. As soon as the snow melts enough around the clothesline, I'll get them all hung out for a little show. Maybe I'll even have some of the quilting finished by then.

For now it's off to bake banana bread. And just in case you think that is not related to quilting, I'd like you to know that the absolute best banana bread recipe ever is from Autumn Gatherings, a beautiful book filled with delicious quilts and recipes from Lisa Bongean and Carole Charles of Menasha, WI. Yum.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Let's just get one thing straight here, lady. This is NOT MY FAULT. Remember - YOU made me into a fabric monster. If you're going to blame anyone, look upward. Try Grandma. I'm not biting!

Anonymous said...

I do really like the diagonal one you're working on. Who's that going to?