Monday, March 14, 2011

Just One Star

I follow a few quilting blogs. It goes along with the same line of thought that if you want to write you have to read. At one time, I wanted to write. I still read a lot. I also quilt quite a bit, so it only makes sense to follow the blogs of quilters I admire. One such blog is Minick & Simpson where I learned about the Just One Block project. Quilters are asked to make and donate just one star block to this great project. The goal is to produce 100 star quilts by Flag Day for wounded soldiers. The guidelines are pretty simple: medium blue or red and cream. Here's my block:
You can make one, too. Go to Minick & Simpson's blog for a nice tutorial and here's the link to Moda's blog for the explanation of the project and a PDF of the pattern. It is a quick little number to make (you don't even have to trim the block!) and cute as a button when finished. Mine will be sent off tomorrow. Hope yours can join it soon.

No comments: