Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Surprise

By now you know that I like reading quilting-crafting-cooking blogs. Recently, one of my favorites mentioned the Quilter's Newsletter blog. Naturally I followed. I used to subscribe to Quilter's Newsletter Magazine many moons ago. Then, when I went back to school, almost as many moons ago, and temporarily gave up all things handy, I dropped my subscription and really just kind of forgot about QNM. Well, not anymore.

The QNM blog entry on the day that I happened to check it mentioned a give-away for spring fabrics. Fat quarters. I, along with 200+ others, dutifully entered a pleasant comment in the hopes of winning some brightness for this never-ending winter. A few days later, I received an email telling me I had indeed won a collection of fat quarters. Honestly, I thought it might have been a scam. You know, like one of those Russian investment emails. Or the recent one telling me that my name was chosen as a potential investor "out of desperation." But seriously, could there really be a fat quarter scam? As illogical as it sounds, I was just a bit nervous and frankly didn't even remember if I had really entered to win anything, so went back to the blog, found my pleasant comment and Woo Hoo Baby, it was real. I really did win. Nine fat quarters of lovely spring colors ... I received them today. Frankly, I don't know how lottery winners control their blood pressure. Winning is so exciting!
They are very pretty and will find a home in a special little project as soon as I narrow down my current 39 thoughts to just one or two. The colors are perfect for my someday-sewing room, so whatever it is that they will become has already found a home. Now it just has to come to life!

And the QNM blog? It's bookmarked. And the magazine? I sent in my subscription.

No comments: