Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mellow yellows

I have tons of yellows left from Alyssa's quilt, but thanks to this tutorial posted on another of my favorite blogs, Cluck. Cluck. Sew, I spent a few hours this afternoon cutting blocks for what promises to be a very pretty little quilt. For what, for whom, how big? Not a clue, but it will be cute.
First I cut strips 2-1/2" wide. 1 yellow and 1 solid white. These were sewn together, pressed with the seam toward the yellow and cut into to 1/4 square triangles. (Cluck. Cluck. Sew shows you how to make your own templates, but since this groovy ruler makes its home with me, it was put it to good use.)Looking at the picture of the finished block shows how to assemble the pieces. One strip usually yields two blocks. It doesn't get much easier. Really.
These blocks will finish at 8", which is a nice size to work with. It might make a good baby quilt, or just a throw. It definitely has me humming Donovan tunes.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love those sweet bunnies. :)