Sunday, February 6, 2011

A week later

Still not finished with my little wall hanging, but it is progressing nicely. All the applique is finished and a very simple first border was added.
Maybe just straight borders to bring out the fruit and berry colors. Maybe something to echo the basket and blackbird. I keep digging through fabric, but haven't found just the right thing yet. Other than the basket fabric, I hadn't wanted to buy anything new for this, thereby avoiding adding to the never ending scrap collection. Guess I'll just have to screw on my thinking cap a little tighter to come up with something that will frame and finish this nicely. Looks like another week of pulling out books, magazines and fabrics to find just the right inspiration. It's here somewhere. I just know it.

No comments: