Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hot enough to melt butter

If you don't have air conditioning, even the light of the sewing machine can add an unbearable amount of heat to the already intolerable heat and humidity of our recent weather. That's why this butter-colored quilt has been at a little standstill again. That, and the fact that August means long work hours for me. Today is slightly better. Good enough for me to finish piecing the 350+ triangles needed for the border since I decided a solid border was just too dorky looking. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit cooler, so with any luck I may just meet my goal of having this quilt top pieced by Alyssa's birthday. She's doing a triathlon to celebrate her day. A sewing marathon might just be the most appropriate way to celebrate along with her.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

How's the progress coming?