Sunday, March 4, 2012

Piles of progress

Here it is -- a week's worth of progress (mostly early mornings before getting ready for work) on this flying geese quilt. All the light geese are finished and sewn together in groups of four. All the dark geese are pieced, paired in twos and waiting patiently to become sets of four. Once those sets are done, the lights and darks will be paired to make 12" blocks that will be easy to maneuver for the best color and fabric distribution. Not only will the layout be easier, but since I absolutely hate working with long strips, the piecing will be more to my liking as well.
Karl and Alissa were here for a short visit today. In the back of my mind, this quilt was for them. When Alissa expressed her agreement to that notion, my excitement over its completion grew even more. Another week of early mornings. Maybe an evening or two, and some weekend time, and I'll have this pieced. It is such a thrill to let quilts happen!

No comments: