Sunday, January 22, 2012

It all takes time

This may not look like much, but it is a week's worth of English paper pieced hexagons, all basted and ready to inspire the next batch. I'm not really sure what direction these will take in the end, but it will take a lot more of them to get very far. These, too, are not going very far just yet. The orange cast will probably go this week and be replaced with a longer-term version. I'm going to try my hardest to keep working on the hexagons for as long as Paul is laid up. It really is nice to sit with him in the evening with my handwork while we watch a movie together. He's turned down my offers to teach him to knit. So, it's just me with needle in hand and both of us hoping this healing thing goes well. After all, the past week's subzero temps and tonight's freezing rain will fade away in due time and make way for maple syrup time. And crutches in the woods simply won't do.

2 comments:

mb botting said...

Tell Pail I'm disappointed his cast is not green or gold. In fact any color but orange. Oh wait....is that Blaze Orange?

mb botting said...

Guess I better use Spell Check :)