Friday, December 3, 2010

Look at my quilt!

It's titled "Christmas ... at last" and it is finally finished and hanging in the living room. And looking as good in its holiday spot as I imagined it might. It looks better than in this photo and I'll blame the camera for that because I have to hold the batteries in place with my thumb while trying to aim and shoot a decent picture. It's even more annoying than it sounds.
The first of the little plastic latches that hold the battery cover in place broke off the weekend that I spent at Tim and Julaine's cabin to work on this quilt. A piece of Scotch tape helped the camera get through that weekend (although the pictures of my hand from those days will testify that I had come up with a pretty wimpy fix).
The rest of the little latches broke off over Thanksgiving weekend. Now it's a two-handed maneuver to snap a picture. The right hand holds the battery cover in place and steadies the camera while the left reaches over to press the shutter button, jiggle the camera and sometimes shoot itself. Even though I really don't want to do it, I'm going to have to break down and dig up some duct tape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, Mom! I think you should move the TV to where we usually put the x-mas tree and put the x-mas tree near the quilt. Doable? Ha!

Did Dad read this post? I think it screams, "All I want for Christmas is a new camera!" Although I guess a duct tape solution is very "Red Green" and thus, in keeping with the holiday spirit.

Alma Allen said...

You are just too funny! I'm out of the recliner and believe me I was quite miserable before Thanksgiving. Had to work on the house for about a week to get it ready!

Hope you get that new camera for Christmas!!!