Friday, February 17, 2012

Anniversary Waltz

The Anniversary Waltz, a flannel quilt for Kit and Violet is finally finished. I picked it up from the longarm quilter last weekend and finished the binding this morning. After taking Paul to the doctor where his cast was removed and replaced with a walking cast, I was excited to have a lovely winter day to catch a few quilt pictures outside.
You may recall the mention of following a couple quilting blogs. Those blogs have artsy photos of quilts. Lately many of those photos have been outside, even in the snow. If they can do it, so can I, right?
Did I mention that this quilt is flannel? And big? And heavy? Giving it a good shake to have it billow out before gently fall to the earth in a perfect fashion didn't work so well. Not factoring in this morning's brief snow didn't help. Fresh wet snow. A heavy flannel quilt. Big old footprints all around the quilt to disturb the pristine (at least in my imagination) setting.So it's settled, I am not a photographer. But I am a quilter who is very excited to give her son and daughter-in-law a quilt made with lots of flannel ... and lots of love.

No comments: