Sunday, June 5, 2011

Orange you glad

For whatever reason visions of back-in-the day bridal/baby shower punch jumped into my head at the same time an overwhelming need to make an orange quilt rose to the surface. I'm sure I could find the punch recipe if I tried, but it should suffice to tell you that the pretty orange punch featured scoops of orange sherbet. The flashback to punch inspired a few trial drunkard's path blocks. They went together like a dream. Yes, there is an orange quilt on the near horizon.
Drunkard's Path is one of those blocks I've long avoided. Curved seams? Yes way! I'm using Fons & Porter's curved seam templates and really, these 6" squares go together very smoothly.

Interestingly enough, the description on the templates notes that they were featured in a Fons & Porter 2004 issue, and I know I ordered them right way, so perhaps this quilt isn't exactly a spur of the moment event after all. It's also not the quilt featured in that issue. The magazine is long gone. No matter. The pretty oranges are looking good and I'm having fun...and part of that fun comes from the working title of this quilt ... Punch Drunk.

No comments: