Thursday, June 17, 2010

Saturday is just around the corner

The Waupaca Strawberry Festival craft sale is on Saturday in beautiful downtown Waupaca. I'll be there with cake plates and aprons with my friend Karen who will be there with lots of her handmade goodies.

Karen caught the apron bug from me a couple of years ago. She made an apron for a gift, people oohed-and-aahed and she was hooked. It's a familiar story. Unfortunately there is no 12-step program yet, but there are craft shows, so that's where you'll find us.

The picture shows some of Karen's wares. In addition to aprons -- she even makes these groovy little sunflower pins to go with hers -- she makes these dolled up kitchen gloves and cute-as-a-button cupcake potholders. Did I mention that Karen is retired? Oh, and she didn't get them in this picture, but she also has these funky insulated fish water bottle holders. All in all, she makes me feel inadequate.

I have a dozen or so aprons made and cake plates. I could whine on about my demanding high stress job as an excuse for falling in her production shadow, but no one wants to hear it, so I'll spare you. I could also ramble on about my recent wedding reception feat -- a production in its own right -- but that seems as it might be bragging, so I'd better let that go, too.

Instead, I'll just admit it: Karen is a production phenom. Come to Waupaca on Saturday. The craft show is bound to be great. We'll have aprons and cake plates and tote bags and pot holders and kitchen gloves and, and, and ... Plus, they have other people there, but you'll have to use your own judgment on their worthiness of your attention. You can buy all types of yummy fresh strawberry treats from local vendors, too.

And no kidding, Waupaca does have a very nice downtown. At bare minimum, a visit to the lovely little city on the Chain of Lakes will give you the perfect excuse to scope out their yarn shop which is fantastic. Oh, and there's Goodwill on the way out of town (or in). Anyway you look at it, Waupaca is the place to be on Saturday, June 19. I know I'll be there!

No comments: